Family Support Services
At MLJ Adoptions, Inc., we believe it is important to provide continued support to children and families that goes beyond post-placement reports. We recognize that parenting in adoption often requires more of the parents, and we offer support without judgment. It is important to us to provide the support necessary to encourage adoptive families, equip parents with new techniques and information, and empower families through difficult times. Support Services are available to families touched by adoption anywhere, and are not limited to clients of MLJ. All Support Services are supervised by Brooke Randolph, LMHC.
- Free adoption support group meetings are held regularly via both Skype and in our offices. During these meetings you can bring your questions and difficult situations to address with a Support Specialist and other supportive parents. These meetings are open to the community; however, we ask that you signup to let us know that you plan to attend, so we can notify all of any changes or cancellations due to weather or low turnout.
- Individual Support Sessions may be scheduled via Skype, teleconference, or in our offices with one of our Support Specialists, all of whom are educated, trained, and experienced with the special issues that affect children and families in adoption. Brooke Randolph, LMHC, is also available for family counseling; however, all counseling appointments will be held in our offices. Your confidentiality is always a priority to MLJ. Click through for more information about Support Sessions.
- In addition to support groups and individual family support sessions, clients of MLJ Adoptions, Inc. benefit from a protected online community where they can meet and discuss with other clients in the midst of the adoption process.
- Each summer, MLJ will sponsor a Family Culture Trip, led by at least one of our Support Specialists. These trips will provide families an opportunity to experience the beauty and culture of their children's birth countries, an opportunity to meet other adoptive families, and access to a Support Specialist to help navigate through the emotions that the child may experience when visiting the country of his or her birth. Click through for more information about Family Culture Trips.
- MLJ Adoptions, Inc.'s Support Services is happy to work with clients of Harden Jackson, LLC in cases of disruption. We will be available to help parents ensure that they are making the best choice for all involved, process their grief, equip parents to explain the situation to the child, and for transitional counseling. We will continue to be available to the new family through the adjustment phase and throughout the child's life. Although always a difficult situation, adoption disruptions do not have to be a negative experience if properly handled by all involved.
For additional information about Support Services or to schedule family counseling, please contact Lauren