Since our Bulgarian program opened it has continued to grow and one of my favorite times of the year is when we have our annual Bulgaria event. Initially started as the Bulgarian Open House, we have transitioned it to be a cultural event to celebrate the heritage of the culture in Eastern Europe. May Day is celebrated widely in Europe and is the celebration of Spring, a time of new life, an appropriate day for us to celebrate the new lives of our Bulgarian children with their new families.
Why attend the May Day Celebration on May 16?
- Talk to families who have completed the adoption process. This is a wonderful opportunity for new or prospective families to take to those that have “been there, done that” and learn of their direct experiences.
- Meet children that have come home. Nothing moves families more than seeing the precious faces of the children who are from Bulgaria and how their lives have been impacted and forever changed by having the love and security of a family.
- Celebrate your child’s culture and background – it is important to instill in children adopted internationally, a sense of pride in the country they are from as well as to give them the opportunity to meet other children with the same background. I am very fortunate that my children have had the opportunity to stay in touch with many Ukrainian children, some of which they lived at the same orphanage!
- Meet other families in the same stage of the adoption process. It is a great chance to meet other families who are going through the same experience as you and can understand your fears and frustrations.
- Meet MLJ Adoptions’ Staff Members. We love getting to meet our families face to face and giving you the chance to get to meet us as well!
If you are a family that is in the process of adopting from Bulgaria, a family that is interested in adopting from Bulgaria, or if you are a family that has their child home, we hope you will come. We have had such tremendous turnout each year, and we hope that you will be there this year to help make this event another success! RSVP here.