Families come into the international adoption process for varying reasons. Those same varying reasons tend to also determine which country they want to adopt from. Some families only know they want to adopt and provide a forever family to a child in need, but just cannot decide which country they feel is the best fit for their family. Some families feel drawn to a particular country because they have a personal connection or heritage with that country.
Choosing a country not only involves which program and country is the best fit for the adoptive parents but also what does that country have to offer for their own personal preferences. You should consider many factors when choosing a country to adopt from and not choose the country blindly. Each program has its own unique process, requirements and yes advantages. Whether you are adopting from Bulgaria, the Democratic Republic of Congo or adopting from a country of Hispanic origin, research the countries and your options well before making that decision.
Adopting from Samoa has many positives that draw a family to adopt from this country. Samoa is located in the South Pacific, has beautiful people, beautiful children and is virtually an untouched sun-kissed tropical island. Below are the top ten reasons that have been voiced by our families in the Samoa adoption program and that bring adoptive parents to decide to adopt from Samoa.
- You can choose the gender and age of children you wish to adopt.
- Sibling groups are available.
- Infants are available.
- Foster care is used to care for your child during the adoption process.
- Samoa is a beautiful country and a beautiful place to travel to when bringing your child home.
- During your trip to bring your child home you visit Auckland, New Zealand.
- Travel time is short – usually 10 – 14 days.
- Samoa is an English speaking nation.
- Samoa is a great alternative for those wishing to adopt from Asia or a Hispanic nation.
- Only one parent needs to travel and escorting the child home is also an option.
Whether you are want to specify to adopt an infant or an older child or if you just want to travel to one of the most beautiful, untouched tropical getaways in the world Samoa has a lot to offer an adoptive family. Perhaps you are just looking to adopt a child in need from a country that has a need for adoptive families, consider Samoa as one of your options. There is a need in Samoa for adoptive families, the children are beautiful, and you will provide a child in need with a home of their own and a loving family.
Photo Credit: Alexander Kluge
For more information about MLJ Adoptions’ international adoption programs, please click here.