Having made numerous trips to Ukraine in the past ten years, I have been able to observe many benefits in the Ukrainian adoption process. Ukrainian adoption is a fast paced process filled with great possibilities for those families wanting to adopt older children, sibling groups or even special needs children. As a mother to four Ukrainian children, I know these children are so deserving.
Top 10 benefits to adopting from Ukraine:
1. MLJ Adoptions Ukrainian staff is experienced and very knowledgeable.
2. Many children with minor and major special needs are also available in Ukraine.
3. Ukraine’s orphanages are often clean, well staffed, and a psychologist is typically on staff to help with children’s emotional health.
4. Older children understand what is happening in the adoption process and many are excited to have the opportunity to be part of a family.
5. Ukraine’s adoption process is very quick and many can complete an adoption from start to finish in less than a year.
6. Upon receipt of your travel date you are traveling quite soon and therefore, there is not a long wait until you personally meet your referred child.
7. Once you arrive in Ukraine, you receive your referral right away and travel to meet the child or children.
8. Ukrainian children are diverse and beautiful.
9. Adoption costs can be very affordable if you are looking to adopt a sibling group.
10. Unlike many countries, you have the option of adopting a child you have already met.
Photo Credit: marktristan
For more information about MLJ’s adoption program in Ukraine, click here.