MLJ Adoptions’ Samoa program opened in 2011 and I am happy to report that 22 children to date have come home to their forever families. Our Samoa program was recently opened to prospective adoptive parents who reside in Canada. Choosing a country for international adoption can be difficult. It is important to consider many factors carefully. Here are the top ten reasons to consider adopting from Samoa.
- Singles can adopt from Samoa. The international adoption options for singles seem to narrow each year, yet adopting from Samoa is still an option for single parent families.
- Wide range of ages of children. The children who can be adopted from Samoa range in age from of 0 – 15 years old.
- An ethical legal process. Samoa has implemented a transparent and ethical legal process that utilizes three levels of its government to ensure all adoptions happen in the best interest of the child.
- Report of the child’s history. The social history of the child that you will receive provides adoptive families with a detailed investigative report from the Ministry of Women, Community and Social Development.
- Samoa Victim Support Group. Children matched with waiting families are cared for by Samoa Victim Support Group (SVSG). SVSG ensures children receive loving care and medical treatment when needed. SVSG is well known in Samoa for the good work that it does!
- A tropical travel experience. Traveling to Samoa only requires one trip and escorting may be an option if approved. However, the one trip to Samoa is a fantastic trip to a tropical island where the beaches and landscape are beautiful! For U.S. families a trip to Auckland. New Zealand is also required, which is also a great destination!
- Less Travel Risk. Travel to Samoa is generally less risky than travel to other international adoption destinations such as places in Africa or to conflict zones. The Samoan people are generally very friendly and laid back!
- Families wanting to adopt from Asia. Samoa is an option for families who wish to adopt from Vietnam, Cambodia or other Asian nations currently closed to international adoption.
- Special Needs Adoption. Sibling groups and special needs children are available to be matched with a forever family.
- Need. While a small country, just as in every country across the globe, there is a need in Samoa for adoptive families for children who are in need of a forever family. The Samoan children are of Asian-pacific descent and beautiful!
If you are considering international adoption, please remember to research the country well to establish whether the country is a good fit for your family. International adoption from Samoa should be an option that is definitely explored by all prospective adoptive parents. Many positives are evident, but the bottom line is that there are children in Samoa in need and waiting to be placed with their new forever families and perhaps that family is you!
Please contact us for more information on adopting from Samoa.